Welcome to Precious Tyes

I have many passions in life and one of them is quilting. The others are reading, knitting,
crochet, cross stitching exercise and being a mom which are all precious tyes to me.
This blog will be about all of these things but mainly about quilting and how it is tied into my life.
The above wall hanging was designed by me and published into a pattern called Homespun Memories.

My blog is also about my Nifty Fifty Quilting swaps which are 50 state quilt block swaps that I started organizing over 10 years ago when my husband was going through depression. It helped me through a very difficult time. We have swapped over 70,000 quilt blocks during this time with many stories that traveled across the country along with our state quilt blocks. Our groups also make charity quilts for Breast Cancer Awareness.

Friday, December 2, 2011

More Amish Quilt Blocks arrive and My First Give-away is Coming

 More sample Amish blocks are arriving at my house for our Nifty Fifty 30 Swap.  We are getting a great variety of patterns and colors.  This will be a very unique Amish quilt.





 As these blocks arrive I measure them to make sure they are 9 1/2 inches, take photos of them for the rest of our swappers to enjoy and then place them in a safe place.

I should start sewing our Nifty Fifty Breast Cancer Charity quilt as these blocks arrive but  I have been too busy trying to get some Christmas presents finished before the big day arrives.    I think I will start sewing them together in January.
 This year  I have decided to participate in the Quilter's Blog Hop Party and do my first giveaway on my blog.   I do a lot of knitting, quilting and crochet this time of year for Christmas presents.

This week I will be working on the item that I will be giving away on my blog.  So check back on December 10th to take part in my free give-away.  A hint.....it will be a handmade item.

No comments:

Post a Comment